For me, a good quote says something worth remembering in a few words, in a simple but
profound way. Here are a few of my favorites.
- "If a man is not a liberal at eighteen, he has no heart. If he is not a
conservative by the time he is thirty, he has no mind" - Winston Churchill
- "I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury." - Groucho Marx
- "Parenthood: that state of being better chaperoned than you were before
marriage." - Marcelene Cox
- "My opinions have changed, but not the fact that I'm right." - Ashleigh
- "When we ask for advice, we are usually looking for an accomplise." - Marquis
- "Ted Kennedy has killed more people with his car than I have with my guns." -
- "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." - Dave Yanke (?)
- "If we do not succeed, then we run the risk of failure." - Dan Quayle
- "Do some things, but not other things." - Mark Boenke
- "Never give in, never give in, never, never, never give in." - Winston
- "Trouble rides a fast horse." - Mark Boenke
- "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." -
I very much enjoy the quotes on the
It seems like an unlikely place for quotations, but they are very good.
Another page of interesting quotes
can be found on a page maintained by Ethan Winer. He also has an interesting page of oxymorons.
Monday, September 30, 2002 05:31:22 PM
Back to my Home Page